Thread: What is g2mdlhlpx.exe

What is g2mdlhlpx.exe

I need some urgent help from you all guys. I have two user accounts on my Windows Xp Computer. In the second user account, under c/program files i found a file name g2mdlhlpx.exe. I have also seen it running in the disk. What is this file, i guess it is some virus because sometimes it executed as a Process. Please help me.

Re: What is g2mdlhlpx.exe

The g2mdlhlpx.exe process is classified as a Trojan virus and it is a part of Citrix GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar. but you don't need to worry as it is used by objects that are classified as safe. If you don't have Citrix products installed on your PC, you will have to clean this malware from your PC.

g2mdlhlpx.exe refers to many versions of an executable program.It has a size never exceeds 60kbytes. This threat is unknowingly installed in a user 's PC through Internet, in particular anti-spyware pop-up advertising.

Most oftenly g2mdlhlpx.exe is packed and/or encrypted using a software packing process. It can cause damage to your PC, particularly to the boot up and configuration processes of files.In fact, users who have met this threat report that their browsers started them on network addresses re-directed. This led to the total corruption of the most infected computers. g2mdlhlpx.exe has also code inserted into its Virtual Memory space by other programs. You can use some popular updated antvirus to detect it and remove it completely from your system.

g2mdlhlpx.exe hides inside the system registry and hence i guess it is very difficult for any antivirus program to detect it out. This led to the total corruption of most of these infected computers. It seems very likely that this file is part of the install package for citrix GoToMeeting. strange thing is this is the only trace of the software on the computer.

Okay - first you all say that this is a highly damaging piece of malware that must be removed - but then acknowledge that it's part of Citrix GoToMeeting.

How on earth is anyone supposed to take you seriously after a contradiction like that?

Someone who has Citrix GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar installed does not have to worry about this process. However, if he/she does not have either of these Citrix products installed on his/her PC, he/she will have to clean this malware from the PC.

I went in search for information on this file when I found it in my Cocuments and Settings%user account% folder. I do have GoToMeeting and Webinar installed on my system and that is where the file is supposed to be. If that file is any place else, then you do have an infection. Have not seen a tool yet that removes it. In my experience with viruses and malware, deleting a file often does not rid you of the full infection.

Quote Originally Posted by IQTech View Post
    Okay - first you all say that this is a highly damaging piece of malware that must be removed - but then acknowledge that it's part of Citrix GoToMeeting.

How on earth is anyone supposed to take you seriously after a contradiction like that?
    Ok, g2mdlhlpx.exe is a safe file and a normal installation component. The Citrix Online Security Team has thoroughly investigated this matter and determined that it is a false positive by the antivirus/antimalware software. The file in question is not infected with any trojan software, the integrity of the software build and delivery systems.