Thread: What is easier to hook up wireless or wired routers

What is easier to hook up wireless or wired routers

I am having 2 routers and 1 modem with me. One router is wireless and the other is wired. I would like to hook up the two routers such that both are in use and also provides me mobility for my internet connection. So I want to ask which one is easier to hook up wired router or wireless router? What ever is your answer, please also provide me how should I setup my routers to get both the routers active.

Re: What is easier to hook up wireless or wired routers

You can substitute the wireless router with the wired one to get the best speed. Basically using a wireless router involves lots of signal problems such as interference from products like cordless phone, wireless camera, microwave oven, etc and also signals gets affected if there is some metal objects or rigid body like wall near your router or computer. On the contrary, since your wired router is directly connected to your computer, the interference is not possible.

If you want mobility with good internet speed then connect your wired router directly to your modem and then connect your wireless router on the lan port of your wired router. This kind of setup is ideal for your need. And by the way there is nothing like wired router is better or easier and wireless router is not. Both of them are equal and nothing is prior.

Hook up the Wireless Router to the Wired one to act as an Access Point. Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary (wired) router. Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router. The encryption settings are part of your wireless router setup which you can use to stop others gain the access to your internet.