Thread: how can i increase my dial up speed

how can i increase my dial up speed

Hello everyone, I have set up a dial up modem because I dont have enough money to upgrade to braodband or dsl network connections and I also dont surf that much of internet. So, I was just wondering if there is a way I can increase the download speed of my dial up internet connection to a bit more. So can anyone tell me how can i increase my dial up speed? Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: how can i increase my dial up speed

Due to the phone line which is used in dial up connections there is a limit in the download speed faced and both the wires inside your house and the wires belonging to the phone company. However, there is a way to improve your downloads through some different browser by using download manager but if you're referring to speeding up downloads through a file sharing program, there's not much you can do. Even on broadband, those speeds tend to be low since they are determined by not only network congestion but also the sender's connection.

You can download some softwares that can boost your internet speeds like this one called TZ connection booster. See, if it can help you. Just run the program and follow the instructions, in most cases, just accept what it finds. It is also possible that you may have many programs running and updating themselves with or without your permision. Be sure to use some start up utility and eliminate all unnecesary services. Example: toolbars, microsoft update, microsoft firefall, security notifications, adobe update, and many others.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Many times if your location is far from the phone company than it is possible that you may dont get enough internet speed and possibly other factors. Certain types of multi-line local phone systems, or if you are connecting to another analog modem instead of 56K ISP, might limit speed to 33K max. Refer to some similar topics which will give you more idea, read here: How to speed up your internet modem
    Speed up your internet by 20%
    Speed up slow dial-up connection
    Speed Up Your Internet