Thread: Install Network Integrated Card to my Desktop computer

Install Network Integrated Card to my Desktop computer

I am trying to install Network Card on my computer, But prior to the lack of knowledge i don't know how to install it... & recently i bought it & also note i not provided with the manual.... Please help....

Re: Install Network Integrated Card to my Desktop computer

Network Interface Card is a computer hardware component designed to allow computers to communicate over a computer network. It is both an OSI layer 1 (physical layer) and layer 2 (data link layer) device, as it provides physical access to a networking medium and provides a low-level addressing system through the use of MAC addresses. It allows users to connect to each other either by using cables or wirelessly.

1. First step is to read the guide of users and to become familiar with the new card.

2. Switch off the computer & Open the CPU

3. Look for the PCI Card slot & see weather it is empty or anything is attached, If empty then Insert carefully into the slot...!

• Push the card into the slot to make it fit perfectly.

• Also screw the card on the computer case but not so much tight.

4. Now close the CPU & PLUG it.

1. Computer to be shutdown and to unplug it. It places the computer in a work table. Open the box of the equipment to both unscrew or four screws located in the later part of the equipment. The exact number of screws will depend on what type of case, the equipment has.

2. To examine the motherboard to know what types of grooves for cards are open for the installation of the network card. Normally, there are three types of interface of hour strips available in the motherboards: ISA, PCA and AGP.

3. It verifies its card of network for each type of groove that needs. Part of the information writes on the network card before installing. It unscrew the plate during the celebration of the part used in the groove of the motherboard and does not press the edge connector in the emptiness to the taking of the motherboard.

4. It presses firmly to make sure thus that the card of seats. It returns to place the screw to maintain the card in the place and to close the box of the equipment in the inverted order of how it was opened. It connects the computer in the current taking and reinitialize the equipment. It hopes to that Windows starts and to find the new hardware. If this happens and, next, to respond to its questions for a conductor to place the disc of controller in the unit and clicks in "Yes".

5. Open the Control Panel and look for the icon of Networking. To find the network adapter, clicks right and chooses "Properties". You can look for direction MAC of the card and compare it with the number of the card before the installation. That they will have to be the same. It verifies the operation of the services of this network adapter. You must have the Client for Microsoft networks and installed and verified protocol TCP/IP. If these are not present, to install them at this moment.

6. It takes cable LAN and it connects an end in the later part of the computer. It uses the cable connector that is in the part of back of the network card that finishes installing. It asks to its department of YOU to form its workstation for the work group of its equipment is member of. If not part of a work group, but has access to Internet through broadband, follows the instructions of their supplier of services of Internet.

There are some similar threads found on same that the problem that I have is the connection… Only if the solution to its problem is there…. I hope that it finds its solution….

Unable to install my network card
    Network card or integrated network?
    http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...ces/588401.htm