Thread: Connect two computers Remotely

Connect two computers Remotely

What is the method for connecting to someone else's computer to help them? I want to connect my office computer to the another computer which is located in another branch. Both the computer running windows xp operating system. Do i need to download any software or any online application allow to connect two computer from different location.

Re: Connect two computers Remotely

For connecting to someone else's computer to help them you need to use Remote Desktop feature in windows xp.You need three things to create a remote location:
    • Microsoft Windows XP Professional must be installed on the computer containing the files and programs that you want to access from a remote computer.
    • This computer must also have the Remote Desktop Connection client software installed. The remote computer is known as the client.
    • Both computers must be connected to the Internet through a VPN connection.

Windows Vista and Windows XP, has this Amazing option available which you can connect to a PC remotely. There are also some more professional programs that you can use for connecting to someone else's computer to help them.

I tried logmein.com free service two days back and it works perfectly - very fast better than remote desktop.
    You do not need to install software at your side but may need to install at otherside.

If you enable Remote Desktop on PC2 in one branch of office , you can run Remote Desktop within a Remote Desktop connection. Once connected, Remote Desktop gives you mouse and keyboard control over computer from one place to another while showing you everything that's happening on the screen.