Thread: WEP security code

WEP security code

When I try to connect to the network, my computer asking me for WEP code. Can you tell me what is WEP and where i will get this code ?

Re: WEP security code

A WEP key or WEP key (Wired Equivalent Privacy key ). is a security feature that limits access to a wireless network to a limited number of computers that have the corresponding WEP key. Any person who does not have this code in its wireless settings will not be able to connect to the Internet via the router. This helps to protect data transmitted across a wireless network.

Stages of completion
    • Launch the software from your wireless router and go to the security section. Here, you can create a WEP key by providing a PIN or password that prohibits access to the network.
    • Be sure to choose a key with a combination of letters, numbers and symbols. Such code is more difficult to guess.
    • Also from the router software, click the options networks without son. Find your router in the server list and select the security settings.
    • The WEP key that you used in the main settings of the router should now be entered into computers that wish to connect to the network. The padlock symbol should appear next to the name of your wireless router, from the list of available routers.

The WEP key provides a security level low enough. It will remove users who have accidentally nearby find your network. However, the WEP key can be easily hacked by anyone who has the skills. The key WPA and WPA2 are the new standards of protection and provide a level of security far higher.