Thread: What is DSL Splitters

What is DSL Splitters

Hello,,

I have a DSL and a security system that connects to the same line. One of my friend has suggested me to use DSL splitter to get prevent interference problems.

Well, i agree to prevent interference problems but have no idea about DSL splitter. Could you guys please please suggest me some information about the same ? Help appreciated.

Re: What is DSL Splitters

A DSL splitter is used for helping with any inference problems you may be having on a line.It filters the low frequencies of the telephone line from the high-frequency ADSL line. These are quite similar to how a DSL filter works.With a DSL filter, you just install the device directly into the phone socket on the wall. Installing DSL splitter needs a technician to split the main telephone cable into 2 lines unlike a DSL filter which is easier to install.After installing the splitter, a new phone point used solely for the ADSL modem will be wired into the central splitter.

DSL splitter is what the phone company used to put in, but it was too expensive for them. Just feed the terminal block with the filter. Then disconnect the line going to the branch that will be connected to the modem and connect it before the filter. They have two different filters which are uses two different filters in separating the two signals that are simultaneously transmitted in the wire. There is also a low-pass filter to prevent the interference of high frequency ADSL signals and a high-pass filter to act as a barrier that eliminates POTS signals from the ADSL line. It not only uses a low pass filter for the purpose of preventing any interference that may be caused by ADSL signals.

Since the initial invention and use of DSL splitters, there are now newer technologies are invented that have DSL without the split operators to have, otherwise as DSL splitter are less known. How this works is simple: instead of having the phone in the vicinity of your house is divided, the divided line way before it to your house in the business offices will.