Thread: Problem with Netgear router and Comcast cable connection

Problem with Netgear router and Comcast cable connection

I am using a Comcast Cable connection with Netgear router. This router was configured by the Comcast guy and everything was proper till last week. But since last 2 days I am having some problem with my router. Whenever I try to connect to internet, after about 20 minutes, its gets disconnected automatically and then gets rebooted. I have discussed this problem with Comcast and they say everything is normal. Then why does it reboots? What is the problem with my Netgear router which came alongwith Comcast cable connection?

Re: Problem with Netgear router and Comcast cable connection

Although your situation seems a bit different, check out netgear site and see if this some kind of bug in their firmware. If it is possible then update your router's firmware and check if you are still having the same issue. Also check your cables and see if any of them are faulty. Also try unplugging the cables and then re-plug it.

Have you checked the settings? It seems to me the settings problem. I would say reset your router to factory default settings and then reconfigure your router. If this still continues, I think your router is dead or will die very soon. This happens when router becomes older. How old is your router? Have you tried some other router or modem and see if the problem still continues?

Why don't you test the connection using "ping" option? Ping your router's IP address from your command prompt and see if you are getting the proper reply. Then try using some other power adapter because this problem may be due to adapter failure. It may not be able to provide constant power to your device. Also use UPS if its the problem of improper current supply to the device.