Thread: How to reset D-Link DI-524 password

How to reset D-Link DI-524 password

I am using D-Link DI-524 Wireless router in my home. I recently came to know that my router has been hacked. It is being used by my neighbors. In spite of changing router's default username and password and also keeping the security feature enabled, my neighbors got the access and are using it. I am really stubbed with this. How is this possible? Finally I decided to change the settings but the problem is that I don't know how to reset the D-Link DI-524's password. I am unable to gain the access to my router. How is this possible?

Re: How to reset D-Link DI-524 password

By this you mean to ask how to reset the DI-524 router? Well resetting just the password is not possible. However you can reset your router by pressing and holding the reset button on the back of the router for about 10 seconds. Continue pressing the reset button till the light stops flashing and become constant. This will bring your router to factory default settings and will allow you to configure your router as you have done when you first brought it.

Hacking a wireless router is quiet simple and involves very few steps. Your neighbor might have changed the username and password of your router and so you are not able to access it. If you want your router back then reset your router as said before and then login into your router by typing "192.168.0.1" on your web browser and when asked for login type "admin" as username and leave the password field as blank. Now the key point here is that never use WEP encryption. Instead use WPA2 security. Also never disclose your passphrase in front of anyone.

Are you sure your router is hacked and that you forgot your password or you want to hack someone else router by resetting it? What you are saying doesn't seems to be a question from a person who is using router from a long time. Every one knows how to reset their home router. Also if what you are saying is correct then have you contacted the D-Link for assistance?