Thread: Cannot acquire ip address

Cannot acquire ip address

I have recently bought a new USB wireless adapter Card, over here i am facing some issue like i am not able to acquire a network address. I am using a wireless connection but have connected the computer directly to the modem and it still doesn't work. I even brought the computer to my work and tried to connect there but it has the same problem.

Unbale to acquire ip address

If you are not able to acquire ip address then goto command prompt by clicking on Start and type cmd in run option over here reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and at the same time also reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log and finally reboot your system for changes to get effected after that try to acquire your address i am sure this will work for you.

Cannot acquire ip address

I was also facing such kind of issue before that make sure that your router is set up to use DHCP and after that try to renew your IP addresses. I hope you will be using Windows XP then click on start/run type in cmd and hit enter. Then type ipconfig /release (note there has to be space) and hit enter and ipconfig /renew (note there has to be space) and hit enter.