Thread: AVG not recognized by security center.

AVG not recognized by security center.

Hi,

Hello,

I have AVG installed on my machine. The problem is that the windows security center do not recognize the antivirus I have installed & this AVG is updated by me.

Now the question is what wrong with my AVG program since its not being recognized by the security center. Any ideas?

AVG not recognized by security center.

Re: AVG not recognized by security center.

Well let me know what exactly happening in your end. You have windows & the security center is not recognizing AVG that is installed on your computer. OK. If this is the problem then I must say please check if AVG is installed properly may be its not installed properly & you are not actually updating it.
    Try to remove the AVG program from add remove programs & install AVG after a Reboot. Now see if it is being recognized or not?

I hope this helps.

Well the problem is that I have already did that a week ago. I uninstalled AVG & installed it again & it was being recognized but now from last 2 days its not being recognized by the windows security center.
    Can you tell me what is wrong? Why I get this error message from windows security center that AVG is not being recognized?

Thanks again.

I still think you need to reinstall AVG if you want the security center to recognized it.
    The other reason behind this is, if you have infected by any virus attack at the installation it will immediately update itself & scan your system totally. This is the reason I want you to do a reinstall.

I hope you got the point.