Thread: How to stop Cisco router through console

How to stop Cisco router through console

I am networking person, and am recently facing with an issue related to disabling the telnet server, for more I had been asked to disable all telnet access using only 3 lines. I tried blocking access through the line vty 0 4 but when I entered access classes it said that it didn't support that version. Perhaps it is not possible to control the console port in this way? If anyone has any suggestion please let me know.

Re: How to stop Cisco router through console

The best way to disable telnet access is to remove the password. First tell me have you included a copy of your configuration file (no secrets), together with a trace 4 debug showing what is happening?The reference ground, and data signals, are located on the center pairs of the RJ-45, so you can use a straight-through RJ-11 cable for simple, data-only connections. I have read the manuals and it looks like the easiest way is to write an access list.

I have Transcender that I used for the CCNA and it would give me the same thing so I was pretty much used to it. I remember that question CCNA though. have you included a copy of your configuration file (no secrets), together with a trace 4 debug showing what is happening? I thought that I entered the commands that Graham has list above. I have Transcender that I used for the CCNA and it would give me the same thing so I was pretty much used to it. I remember that question CCNA though. I thought that I entered the commands that Graham has list above. Those commands whould disallow TELNET access.

I always use standard acl's applied to the vty group to filter connections but I think that the answer that Cisco is looking for for the 640-801 exam is an access list applied to the external interface preventing external telnet connections. I would be an inefficient technical approach to disable telnet access
    on your router.