Thread: How To Detect Spy Software

How To Detect Spy Software

Hello , I wanted to know how to detect spyware applications are installed on a computer or not?, i want to find out that my computer is Infected with spy Softwares , can you tell me how can i know that there are spy software installed on my computer , thank you in advance for giving me answers.

Re: How To Detect Spy Software

Many tools exist to detect spyware on your computer and delete them. You can perform the following operations with Ad-Aware Which is a free, easy to use software , Ad-Aware scans your computer's memory, your system registry and hard drives in search of these spyware softwares to eliminate them

How to detect the presence of spyware and adware?

Here are some symptoms that indicate this type of modules are present on your PC:

• You are bombarded with advertisements in the form of window-type "pop-up";
    • The start page of your Web browser has been hijacked without your consent;
    • A new toolbar appears in your browser;
    • Unknown icons appear on your desktop;
    • Your PC is suddenly slower than it was;
    • Error messages or system crashes occur more frequently.

The main problem with spyware is to detect them. The best protection is still not to install software which is not of 100% sure of the origin and reliability (including freeware, shareware and more particularly the software file-sharing peer -to-peer). Here are some examples of software known to board one or more spyware: Babylon Translator, GetRight, Go! Zilla, Download Accelerator, Cute FTP, PKZip, KaZaA and iMesh. What is more, uninstalling this type of software that removes spyware that often accompany it. Worse, it can cause malfunctions in other applications! If you install a personal firewall , it can help to detect the presence of spyware, and to prevent access it to the Internet (thus transmitting the information collected).

I swear by Spybot S&D. It has passive protection against over a hundred thousand malicious web sites, and it detects the presence of Spyware on your machine.

Although an option to donate via PayPal is offered, the program and its weekly updates are absolutely free, and there are no strings attached. I've been using it at home and at work for a long time, and it totally rocks!

If you decide you no longer want it, it uninstalls quickly and with no problems.
    Last edited by Afzal; 14-08-2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: External link Not Allowed