Thread: Hp eHome infrared receiver

Hp eHome infrared receiver

Hi,
    I had recently purchased a second hand Hp desktop computer. I got a eHome Infrared receiver with it. I had tried to run it works for some time and then loose the signal. Every time is detected as a new device. If I want to disable it completely then what is the procedure for this. I had tried uninstalling the ehome application. But still it is there in the system. I think the unit is defective. Thanks in advance.

Re: Hp eHome infrared receiver

If you want to use the infrared receiver then only best way is to uninstall it completely and then lets Windows to detect and install it. Try this Right Click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. Then right click on the hardware and select Uninstall. Restart your system back again. After a restart Windows will search the device and install the relevant drivers. Otherwise if you do not want to use it then you can disable it form Device Manger.

If the receiver is not completely deleted from the computer then it is really annoying. Every time a pop up message comes up and irritates. So here is a solution for the problem. First unplug the receiver from your computer and then open Notepad. Type the below codes in it. Save the file as DEVMGR.BAT. It is very important that name of the file should be in .bat format because it is a batch file. Then double click it and click on View > Show Hidden Devices. Delete the eHome infrared receiver from here.

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
    start devmgmt.msc

The only way to enable and disable it by Windows Device Manager. If you do not want it then remove or otherwise if you decided to use it then download the latest drivers and upgrades for the same. You can download Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver form the site of Windows and update the latest drivers. The device worked by hiddir.sys which is a Microsoft Infrared Human Interface Device (HID) Driver. If it not updated properly then it does not works.