Thread: How to reset Linksys password

How to reset Linksys password

Due to some reason i was trying to secure my Linksys router and hence when i was trying to sign into the administrator account i was unable to. It was saying wrong password. I really don't remember the password anymore. So i want to reset my Linksys password. So i am here as i don't know how to reset the Linksys password. Could you guys please help me out..?

Re: How to reset Linksys password

In order to reset LinkSys router password you need to reset your router to the factory default settings. To restore the router configuration to factory defaults, just go through this simple steps:-

• Just hold down the Reset button on the back of the linksys router for 30 seconds.

• Unplug your power cord for 30 seconds and than plug it back

• Wait for the Power and WLAN to light up on the router and a sign on your computer showing that a connection has been made to the router.

• After Resetting, configure the router by typing http://192.168.1.1/.

• This will take you to a popup box which asks you to enter a username and password to login to your router.

• The default username and password will be admin.

• Now open your web browser and check to see if you can get on the Internet now.

I have also tried the same way to reset my Linksys password. You need to make sure that when holding in the reset button, make sure that you do not release it until you are sure that it has been compressed for at least 30 seconds or more.After changing the administrator password then you will need to enable WEP or WAP security so your nosy neighbors aren't tapping into your wireless network

You could try pressing the Reset button on the rear panel of the Router for about 30 seconds. Once your router is hard reset, you will need to login and reconfigure it again. Remember that this reset will convert all your configurations back to the factory setting.For more info, see this:-
    Linksys default username password
    Linksys Router Problem