Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Default username and password of Comcast's Netgear modem

Networking & Security

Old 13-08-2009

Default username and password of Comcast's Netgear modem

I am using Comcast connection for my internet. They have provided me Netgear Modem which I want to reconfigure. Since I have changed the account for my internet connection, I have to configure my Netgear modem for my new connection but the problem is that I don't know the correct username and password for my modem. Can you tell me what is the username and password of Netgear modem that Comcast gave me?

Old 13-08-2009

Re: Default username and password of Comcast's Netgear modem

Usually Comcast changes the default username of Netgear modems which they provide from the one that come by default from Netgear. Comcast guys configures their modems to "comcast" as the username and "1234" as the password. If this doesn't work then try the default username of Netgear's which is "admin". Keep in mind that the password remains "1234".
Old 13-08-2009

First of all reset your modem to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 20 seconds with power on. This will bring modem to default settings. Thus you can configure your netgear modem as normal using the default username as "admin" and password as "1234" or "password".
Old 13-08-2009

Why don't you ask the Comcast for the help? I am sure they will help you and assist you how to configure your Netgear modem. Since you are not changing the ISP, Comcast have to help you, its there service what they give to their users. And username and password suggested is absolutely right.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,