Thread: Zoom ADSL X6 5590 wireless router

Zoom ADSL X6 5590 wireless router

Hello friends,

I am planning to buy a new wireless router for my home and i am very much confused about which one should i go for some of my friends recommend me to go for Zoom ADSL X6 5590 wireless router according to them is a good one but i don't have any idea about it. Can anyone provide me some information about Zoom ADSL wireless router or should i go for Cisco or Netgear router.

Wireless routers are essential for any home network that will combine wireless and wired network connections. The X6 provides all the features you'll need to make your ADSL access secure, easy to share, and easy to use. A built-in wireless-G router enables wireless networking to computers, notebooks, and other devices with 802.11g or 802.11b wireless capability. Assuming that you have broadband service that provides an appropriate broadband modem (DSL or cable), this device can act as a gateway router that will connect your entire household to the internet. It handles requests from one machine in the Local Area Network (LAN - your house) to another and to the internet, and keeps track of which computer asked for what. The Zoom ADSL X6 5590 is a classic example as this router provides an integrated ADSL2/2+ modem, firewall plus a wireless G access point and all for a shade under forty quid. The 5590 is a solid lump of black plastic sporting four switched Fast Ethernet ports at the rear along with a DSL port and a single fixed wireless aerial. The Install Assistant aims to make light work of initial configuration and runs through physically wiring up the router's DSL and network ports. An auto-detect function attempts to identify your DSL connection type and to save time, you should enable the Vista Telnet client and ensure that your PC has picked up an IP address from the router.

I would really suggest you to go with Zoom ADSL X6 5590 wireless router because it is easy-to-use Quality of Service (QoS) for guaranteed speed when you need it. It also support of concurrent Internet access by up to 253 users and it also has built-in wireless-G access point and 4-port switch and at the end it has two antennas, one internal and one swivel external, increase speed and coverage.It's graphic installation program (wizard) with auto configuration of ADSL networking settings provides us an easy installation with all ADSL service providers.