Thread: What is the default password of D-Link DIR 655

What is the default password of D-Link DIR 655

I am using D-Link DIR 655 wireless router. Since my ISP has been changed, I want to configure my router for the new ISP details. But the problem is that I forgot the default username and password of my router. Somehow I guessed the username as "admin" (R&D) but the problem is that I am very scared about my password. I am thinking that if I try the password more than 3 times, then I might loose my router access. So is there anyone who can tell me what is the default password of my D-Link DIR 655 router?

Re: What is the default password of D-Link DIR 655

By what IP address are you trying to login? Is it 192.168.0.1? If yes then I think the default settings of your router might not be changed. Thus you can try out the default username as "admin" and the password as <blank>. Typically every D-Link home devices uses the same username and password methodology. However if you have changed it at any point of time during your previous setup then this password may fail. In such situation reset your router to the factory settings.

Re: What is the default password of D-Link DIR 655

I think it is better to reset the router first rather than trying out the trial and error procedure. This will remove all the settings that you might have done on your router for your previous ISP. Now you can try the username as admin and password as password and see if that helps. If not then another password that can be given is admin. And don't worry about the number of attempts. There is no limitations of entering your username and password on home routers. You can do as many times as you want.