Thread: Internet issues after replacing Comcast cable modem

Internet issues after replacing Comcast cable modem

Last week I replaced my D-Link Cable Modem with a Linksys cable modem. I am using Comcast High Speed Internet. But still I am facing the same connectivity issue. I have checked all the connections and settings and everything seems to be proper. Can you explain me what measures can be taken to solve this problem? Why I am still facing the same problem even after replacing the cable modem from Comcast?

Re: Internet issues after replacing Comcast cable modem

There can be several possibilities behind slow internet connections: it could be due to router or firewall blocking the internet packets, could be because of cabling fault, could be drivers issue and many more. You need to trace out which one is applicable in your case and fix it by your self. The initial steps could be upgrading all the drivers and checking if the cables are in good condition. Next could be disabling your firewall software.

Some problems that can be assumed for your internet connection problem involves the server is not functioning correctly or has been temporarily removed from the Internet, your ISP's DNS server is not working correctly or your cable modem is not configured properly. How did your configured your cable modem? Reconfirm if everything is properly setup.

First of all try to disable your network connection and then enable it again. Then right click on its icon on your Network Connection window and click repair. Then scan your computer with good antivirus and also MalwareBytes. At last contact your ISP if they are not having the problem of internet connection. If nothing found then I think your cable modem is faulty and needs to be replaced.