Thread: Nero infected my computer with virus

Nero infected my computer with virus

My computer got an unknown virus when I installed Nero 9. I discovered this virus when I completed installation and it asked for me for a system restart. After I followed the instruction, I found that my system was running too slow and often hangs. When I tried to remove the virus from Windows Task Manager, I am unable to do so. Then how can I get rid of this virus which came along with Nero?

Re: Nero infected my computer with virus

From where have you downloaded Nero 9? Was it from some free or warez site? Haven't you scanned your downloaded file for virus infection before installing it? It is a good practice to scan your downloaded applications for virus before installing it. Which antivirus software are you running? Upgrade your antivirus software and scan your computer. If possible also try to use some different application to detect the infection.

Install and run a full scan with Malwarebytes. If you got the software from some free website such as torrents then immediately uninstall it from your computer. Always use a trusted a website, in fact, original web site to prevent your computer from some unexpected results. Also clear your registry to remove all the traces of the infection from your computer.

You can even use ComboFix to remove Virus/Malware from your computer. Combofix is a freeware. Combofix can detect known malware, spyware and removes them. ComboFix allows the manual removal of spyware infections . It 's a specialized effective cleaning tool, which is useful compared to other malware and spyware removers.