Thread: How to get into the router's page

How to get into the router's page

I am using a Linksys router. I want to change some settings to this router but the problem is that I don't know how to get into the router's page. Basically my router is blocking some of my applications which I would like to allow them from the router. I have searched a lot for this but didn't found any result because I don't know the model of my router because it is an older router and so all the sticker have gone. Can you help me to get into the router?

Re: How to get into the router's page

Is this the first time you are trying to open the router's page? First of all check all the cables if they are connected properly. For opening the router's page you must be directly connected to it. Then type the IP address of the router on your web browser. Generally it is 192.168.1.1. Now the wizard will ask you for username and password. Enter the correct entry and you will be redirected to the home page of the Linksys router.

First reset your router by holding the reset button, which is placed at the back of the router, for about 30 seconds. Now connect one CAT5 cable from any router port onto your computer. Configure your computer to "Obtain IP address automatically". Open any web browser and type in the IP address of your router. When asked provide the username and password information.

Go to Start, Run and type "cmd" and press OK button to reach command prompt. Now type "ipconfig /all". You will be provided all the information about your network along with the Default Gateway. Copy this Gateway address and paste it on your Internet Explorer. Complete the login procedure and finally you will be taken to the router's page.