Thread: Connect USB printer to wireless router

Connect USB printer to wireless router

How do i Connect USB printer to wireless router? I have a usb printer and i want to connect it to the wireless router so that i would be able to print through the laptop by its wireless connection. Please guide me to achieve this task... Thanks in advance.

Re: Connect USB printer to wireless router

For this you will need a wireless router with a usb port support. Or even the Printer with an ethernet port can be done, but as you said you have a usb printer. Which router do you have? Does your router has a USB port for devices? Probably not, so you cannot connect the wireless router directly to the printer. You will need to connect a computer to the router and the printer to the computer.

I have a old computer that nobody uses, it is working perfectly but due to its oudated configuration and very low performance no one uses it. We all have a personal laptops and communicate on a network wirelessly. So how i do have a computer to connect to the printer but how do i do this entire setup? Any help? Thanks!

Ok, Connect your computer to the router through a lan cable or wirelessly if it has a wifi adapter. Now connect the printer to the computer and install its drivers on the computer. Now go to control panel and go to Printers settings. There your printer will be shown, Right-Click it and click "sharing..." Now once the settings is finished, browse this computer from each laptop and see the shared printer. Right-Click on it and select "connect". It will then install drivers for the printer on your computer so that you would be able to print. Done!!