Thread: Where to find Public DNS servers

Where to find Public DNS servers

I am looking for some Public DNS servers available for my business purpose. I am in the network where the dns server is not properly configured and every time I have to wait a long period of time during my work. This irritates me a lot. Is there any free Public DNS servers that I can use?

Re: Where to find Public DNS servers

You can google for this and get a lot of free Public DNS servers which you can use to configure your internet in order to resolve hostnames. I found one while googling, set your DNS server settings on your computer to 168.144.1.130. Don't worry it is free and you will not find any difficulty using it.

According to wikipedia, the Domain Name System (DNS) is maintained by a distributed database system, which uses the client-server model. The nodes of this database are the name servers. DNS servers are responsible for resolving user-friendly domain names (like google.com) into computer-friendly IP addresses (such as 74.125.67.100). Public DNS servers are DNS servers that respond to just about anyone.

Public DNS is nothing but a service provided by a company where users are given a primary and secondary DNS. This services are provided free of charge. Public DNS may result in good solution for you in some situations. The main purpose of a DNS server is to allow people and applications to view the records in DNS tables. A public DNS servers are called public because they were misconfigured by their system administrators. So it is better not to use them for business purposes.