Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to set up a router in bridge mode

Networking & Security

Old 10-08-2009
Members

Hi friends,

I am facing some issue with my router and i asked my friend about it he told that setting up bridge mode or something similar for your router, the drop out issue will go away. Can anyone tell me whats steps i need to follow for setting up a router in bridge mode, i asked him about the same but he don't know it properly.

Old 10-08-2009

It might happen that there is some issue with your authenticate with Admin that's why you are not able to goto bridge mode. The main reason would be the signal on the line which is causing your disconnects well outside of bridge mode or not. Check your phones/filters/ and try isolation tests etc because this is the common issue when you are trying to set up a router in bridge mode.
Old 10-08-2009
Members

I had a check for the same everything is working fine but still not able to set up a router in bridge mode at the same time i ask my Admin to about the same he was also not able to solve my query and thanks for replying me, does anyone has any idea ?
Old 10-08-2009

To set up a router in bridge mode you need to go to Settings then goto Broadband then Link Configuration and set the following settings:-
  • VPI: 0 VCI: 38

• ATM Encapsulation: Bridged LLC

• ATM PVC Search: Disabled (unchecked)

• Connection Type: Direct IP (DHCP or Static)

Save the settings by going to Settings then Broadband , then click on Link Configuration and Disable routing at the bottom then save settings again.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: ,