Thread: Backdoor virus, access denied windows xp

Backdoor virus, access denied windows xp

Hello,

I suspect i have got a virus on my computer.I tried some programs to remove that nasty thing but can't do it.I know it's location which is under system 32.The name is something Backdoor.Sdbot I know what the virus is, I know where it is, but every program I have tried recognizes that it is there, but none of them can delete or repair it due to not being able to access this file.I get a "Unable to delete file due to access denied" or that "the file cannot be scanned because it was not able to be accessed".How can I remove or allow these programs to access this area of my pc?.How can I access anything on my computer...I do not see anywhere for me to change administrator access...and I am the only one who uses my pc.Any one know how to get rid of this backdoor.sdbot virus?

any thoughts??

Re: Backdoor virus, access denied windows xp

I have Symantec Antivirus. The AV keeps on prompting a detection on CUSTSATKEY.dll which detected as Backdoor.Graybird, however it was never fully removed due to another SERVICE was installed and call the CUSTSAYKEY.dll. Launch Windows Explorer>Tools> Folder Options> then put the as to unveil hidden files and folders. Browse C:\Program Files\Messenger.Grab Autoruns from SYSINTERNAL.Launch Autoruns Search for WudgSvc in Everything Tab. Right click to delete it.Restart Remove all the 5 hidden files in C:\Program Files\Messenger

Dude,Better delete it in Safe Mode there is no such thing as system32.exe. It isn't a system file.. But a "dummy file" made by the virus. In order to remove this file, get in to Safe Mode by tapping F8 a split second before the XP boot logo appears. Once in Safe Mode, you should be able to delete the file. If you still can't, then you may have not removed the virus well enough from you system If this is the case, let me know - I will give you instructions on how to delete it using XP's recovery console

If you have virus you can look out symantec's website for more information and solutions. Note that while your version of the virus seems to have created a slightly different named file - this virus automatically updates itself via the web so you may have to run another search on symantecs site under "sdbot" to get a list of all current recorded versions.