Thread: Linksys WRT54G wireless router default password

Linksys WRT54G wireless router default password

I am having Linksys WRT54G wireless router. My brother recently upgarded its firmware. But he was in hurry and so left it without configuring it for his business work. He will not be free for the next couple of hours and I want to use internet for checking my emails. So I decided to configure it but being a new to networking, I don't know how to setup my router. I then also tried to open my routers page on my web browser, but it is asking me username and password and I am completely unaware of this. What is the default username and password of Linksys WRT54G wireless router?

Re: Linksys WRT54G wireless router default password

If you don't know the default username and password of your Linksys router than you can try out couple of options such as: <blank> and admin; admin and admin; admin and 1234; admin and password. Usually manufacturers uses this combination of username and password. You can even find out the correct default username and password on the user manual came along with the router.

Are you sure your brother has not configured it, there might be chance that it is configured but you are unaware of the fact. If it not or the configuration is causing some issues then reset your router. To reset your router, press the reset button that is placed on the back of the router for 30 seconds. Resetting will bring your router to the factory defaults settings. Now you can use your blank ID and “admin” as the password.

I would agree with blank username and "admin" for password. If you still face any problem while connecting to internet then try flushing the web browser and/or dns cache. Also from where was the firmware downloaded? Was it from Linksys or some free web site? I would recommend you to use original site to avoid any inconvenience.