Thread: Linksys WRV200 3rd party firmware issue

Linksys WRV200 3rd party firmware issue

I am having problem with my Linksys WRV200 ROUTER. It is hanging a lot during normal operations. Every day it has to be restarted once or twice in order to use it. It was the same issue before one month but at that time I have upgraded the firmware download from internet. It was a 3rd party firmware. But now same problem raised once again. Is WRV200 giving problem because of 3rd party firmware or it has died?

Re: Linksys WRV200 3rd party firmware issue

Many a times users face problems with their router's firmware and some of them even receive a message saying "Bad or outdated router firmware". This is a clear indication of your firmware which is not at all proper. You said you have downloaded it from a 3rd party which violates the product warranty, so I would recommended you to go to Linksys web site and download the latest firmware and solve your hanging issue.

Linksys provides Firmware updates for their routers on their own website very frequently fixing many of the previous issues or bugs found. It's a good idea to download a copy of the existing version of your firmware from the Linksys web site, so that you can directly report to Linksys if you face any difficulty and their support team would be able to solve your problem. But if you use some external sources then no one can help you since there is no guarantee that the software will work or device will run properly.

How old is your router? It is often noticed that Linksys routers dies within 2-3 years (at the max). No one can guess why is it so but it is the truth. Well every device has its own life and Linksys devices are the best in functionality but poor in life. I think it is the time for you to change the router and get the new one.