Thread: Printer not detecting in homegroup wifi network

Printer not detecting in homegroup wifi network

I am having a home group wifi network, for this I am using Broadcom wireless router, my laptop is running with window vista OS. The machine was running file till the last with all of its features and also with the network connectivity. I recently purchased a HP LaserJet printer, and tried to connect this one with my two systems which are situated at my home and connected with in the same homegroup network. The problem with that is the printer is not detecting into my machine after connect with my home group. I can’t understand though this one detected in other machine, the problem is occurring into my system only. What should be the cause, is there anyone having any idea on this?

Re: Printer not detecting in homegroup wifi network

I think the problem is in the printer software installation, for that I recommend you to reload the software of the printer into your machine, if you don’t have any domain machine into the home network. First of all remove the existing one from your machine and along with this also remove other windows collaborating file from the temporary files and from the registry editor. Now go for the fresh installation, and I think after that system reboot is required after the process, go for this, I hope this will somehow help you. Along with this also check the firewall setting in your machine, be sure that the access permission is checked there.

Did you properly configure the printer physical address in your network? I suggest you to reconfigure the printer into the network. Search the printer from network and sharing window and from there open the printer configuration pop up window, from there click on reset button. It will remove the physical address of your printer and the system and will reinsert them again. Try with this network reset process. It will somehow help you.

As per my knowledge the router drivers is also acting a role over there. So the problem that you mentioned in your post also might be occurring for the wifi router driver that you are using in your system. So according to that, I like to suggest you to try once to resolve this issue by reload the driver. Insert the driver installation disk and ping to device manager, from there open network tab and right click on it. Choose advanced recommended option, it will first direct you to locate the installation program from any location of your system or from the disk. Run the loading process and follow the instructions to complete the process. A system reboot is requiring after this technique. Now from the printer wizard choose the printer name and add into the list. Go through this, it will surely help you.

I am also facing almost similar issue in my Dell latitude laptop, though this is not shared in any wired or wireless network. A Canon LaserShot printer is attached with this machine and I am not able to detect this one. It was working fine till the last few days. Whereas it was working fine till last morning. But in the afternoon when I tried to pint page, it shown to me a error message that, there is no printer attached with this machine. I instantly tried by replug the printer but same error message comes over there. I also tried by restart the machine, this one also not help me. One of the strangest thing is that after reload the printer software the similar issue is occurred. I am not having any other idea to apply any trick to resolve this issue, so I am posting my issue here, hope someone will surely help me to resolve this one.