Thread: Configuring Linksys WRT54G wireless router

Configuring Linksys WRT54G wireless router

Setup / Basic Setup

• Internet Setup
      • Internet Connection Type

The freebox provided the IP address of your Internet connection using DHCP, you need to configure Automatic Configuration - DHCP.

• Optionnal Settings : The default values are appropriate.

• Network Setup

• IP Router

Router IP means the IP address of the router, by default is 192.168.1.1. In my case, my previous router had the IP address 192.168.0.1, so I changed this setting. If you have no existing network, you can leave the default value.
      • Subnet Mask : Subnet Mask may be left to the default 255.255.255.0 unless you need a particular configuration.
      • Network Address Server Settings (DHCP)

This part concerns the DHCP server that allows connected computers to distribute an IP address automatically.

To activate the server, select enable.

Starting IP address used to define the beginning of the range of IP address that is automatically distributed. Addresses outside this range can be used to configure computers fixed IP address.

Maximum number of DHCP Users can define the maximum number of computers that can receive an IP address automatically. 50 is more than enough.

Other parameters can be left at the default value.

• Time Setting

The router has a clock, you must set the time zone and whether or not you wish that the time is automatically adjusted during the transition to summer time or winter time.

Line Operating mode is used to define the behavior of routing equipment. To share the Internet connection, we need the equipment to make both the routing and address translation. To do this, select the Gateway mode in the menu.

Re: Configuring Linksys WRT54G wireless router

The only thing that makes this shine router that can provide seamless connections over long distances. I have no deadlock at home and can get a decent connection signal from almost anywhere. Never have problems with cutting router and disconnect me. In fact, from July to present I cannot remember a time I have been connected to the router and then disconnect. Note that the router stays cold through vents 196-bit on the top of the router, and 188 ventilation holes beneath the router. I will never put your hand on it and burn, always stays cool.