Thread: Can I wire my router to the printer?

Can I wire my router to the printer?

Hi, This is my first post. Hope somebody out there can help me avoid paying for tech support for Linksys! Here's my problem...I have a laptop, printer and tivo. I have a Wireless G Linksys router that is wired to the printer with wireless access to the printer and tivo. Since this is my only computer it really sucks not being able to use the internet wirelessly. Is there any way to wire the printer (since that's stationary) to the router so that I can freely move about the house with my laptop? It was extremely difficult to explain this to the Linksys tech people-they thought I needed to set up my printer wireless-but that has already been done. Any of you computer savvy folks know how (and if) this is done? Thanks so much!!!

Re: Can I wire my router to the printer?

Uhh, sorry guys. I meant to say "I have a Wireless G Linksys router that is wired to my laptop with wireless access to printer and tivo". Sorry for the confusion!

Re: Can I wire my router to the printer?

If you have a network printer you can get adapters that will convert a wired ethernet port in to a wireless solution. Use a wireless access router with build in print servers, hook up your printer to it. You can also get a wireless print server to connect the printer across the network with no PC needed. Using the advice above, keep in mind the PC that you want to share the printer from must be on at all times or no one will be able to print.