Thread: Vista internet speed tweaks

Vista internet speed tweaks

I am using Airtel internet connection on On Windows XP, it works fine. However, I got timeout error on Vista. I searched on google but not found any information. Is anyone know Vista internet speed tweaks ?

Thanks

Re: Vista internet speed tweaks

You will have to make a piece of freeware called SG TCP Optimizer. A nice little utility to optimize how your computer sends and receives packets of data, which as a result of your connection speed. Even if it is more efficient for broadband connections, it works for almost any type of connection.

Use Windows Defender to see the startup programs. You can run Windows Defender to stop unnecessary programs that consumes too many resources. In the search box to your Start menu, type "Defender", select the program from the menu and then for Tools and Software Explorer. In the category pop-up, select Run, then select the moment, any program you want to close. Then click End Process to close it.

Simplify your settings. Changing the Appearance setting could also give you the momentum you want drama, but it also means losing one of the best features of Windows Vista, Aero Glassy Look. Right click on the desktop and select Personalize. Click on color and appearance of Windows and click Open Classic. Select Windows Vista Basic and choose Apply. Tip: You can enable Aero if you do not need the speed and turn it off when you need it.

Run>> gpedit.msc>> computer configuration>> Administrative Templates>> Network>> QoS Packet Scheduler>> limited bandwidth booking.

For me it was not configured and it was not clear the value (gray field), clicking the second tab page you can read the information below: By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20% bandwidth.

So you turn and you see clearly the value to 20% 0 and you put you apply.