Thread: Error connecting to existing session when logging on to remote desktop

Error connecting to existing session when logging on to remote desktop

Everything was working fine till yesterday but today when i try to log in to use remote desktop i was not able to do it and at the same time i am getting an error message as Error connecting to existing session for (Id 0) A device attached to the system is not functioning. But if i have a reboot of the remote computer then it's works fine don't know what why i am getting this message and i am having Dell laptop with Windows XP SP2 install on it.

It might happen that there would be some virus issue because of which you are not able to log in into the session. I would recommend you to have the latest version of anti virus install on your system and try to reinstall your Remote desktop software with the latest version because it might happen that some files might have got corrupted that's why you are facing this issue.

If you are getting error message then it seems that due to some interruption you are not able to able to get connected to the remote computer to get the issue try to check out the logs over there you will come to know that why are getting this error message.

Error connecting to existing session

Thanks fro replying me i have try to reinstall the application but still getting same error message and at the same time i have also try to install the latest version of anti virus but it didn't worked for me. Capers can you tell me whats steps i need to follow for checking outs logs file hope i will come to know why i am getting error message.

If you want to view log then you need to click on Start, and then go to Control Panel, over click on Performance and Maintenance, then click on Administrative Tools, then double-click on Computer Management. Over here in the console tree, expand Event Viewer, and then click on the log that contains the event that you want to view. if you wan to view in details then click on details pane and double-click on the event that you want to view.