Thread: Dlink wbr-1310 password

Dlink wbr-1310 password

Hi,
    I have Dlink wbr-1310 router with broadband connection. Few days before i reset my password of router. But now this router forgets password again and again in a day. Sometimes i cannot login to it. What is happening? Please help!

Re: Dlink wbr-1310 password

Try to reset the default password for it. Leave the login as Admin and password blank and try to connect it again. Try to reset new password with admin as login.

Your system may be infected with virus. Use some good antivirus and scan your system. Upgrade your current antivirus by installing updates. Also run some anti-adware and anti-spyware applications.

Try reinstalling the drivers. Also upgrade the firmware. It can be a hardware fault. If it doesn't work then you need to contact dlink support for this.

Hi Everyone,

I am new to posting online but am having troubles that I cant seem to solve with my limited knowledge of computers. Not to say I am completely ignorant but I have never delt with routers.

Here is my situation, I had a router set up on my home computer by a friend which is constantly connected to the internet. Unfortunately when this was done the internet connection icon that was very friendly to me and my lack of skills is now gone. Unfortunately this friend is no longer in my life and I am stuck with a router that is constantly on, that I dont know the password to or that I can even find the control area for.

The router is a D-Link 1310 and I am operating on XP. Does anyone know how I can deal with this and get my connection back to connecting only when I need to? I would also need to change the username on the setup.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Cheers!

You will have to reconfigure your network settings. It will much easy for us to guide you if you provide us with the router configuration. To see the router configurating you will have to enter the default IP address of the Router in the address bar of the browser. Check the default IP address of the router in the manual. Meanwhile open the TCP/IP configuration on your PC and see if the default gateway address is same as the Routers Ip address. If it is not same then change it to the IP address of Router. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

The only way to solve your issue is to reconfigure your router settings. You can check the default router settings by entering the IP address of the Router in the URL of the browser. If you are not able to get it, then you can also refer to the manual that you got with the Router. You can also change the user-name and password in the default settings. It will be better if you provide the router configuration.

Save yourself a lot of headaches and throw this piece of junk away. Check Newegg for reviews. Most of the negative ones mirror my experience. I literally spent dozens of frustrating hours trying to get this thing to work. I finally gave up and then months later, out of sheer stubborness, I tried again. This time I just plugged it in without the setup disc or upgrading the firmware. It works, but with no security. Many others have had problems with it dropping off and needing to be reset.