Thread: Microsoft remote desktop activex control

Microsoft remote desktop activex control

I have recently formatted my computer and install Windows XP SP 2 as my operating system over here when i am trying to have client connection i am getting an message as Remote Desktop Web Connection ActiveX control could not be installed. A connection cannot be made without a working installed version of the control Please contact the server administrator. I had called my administrator too but he is also not able to find out any solution to fix this issue at the same time he has check everything is On and added to trusted zone don't know why i am getting this message. Can anyone fix this issue for me.

Remote Desktop ActiveX Control

I was also getting such kind of error message when after finding a lot over internet i came to know that i was getting this message because i have install Windows XP SP3 as my Operating system. In that case i downloaded the RDP Client Control to IE add-on and then i try to have Remote desktop then it was working fine for me hope after downloading it it works for you too.

This control allows you to access your computer, via the Internet, from other computer by using Internet Explorer. In that case you need to run Windows XP Professional and using its IIS to host a Web site on the Internet to use this feature. In that case you need to specify an installation directory when setup asks Where would you like to place the sample web pages directory then enter C:\Windows\Web\TSWeb. Click OK.

I was also getting such kind of issue and i try to follow the below steps hope it works for you.

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. Then click on Tools and then click on Manage Add-on.

3. Over here you need to select category as Add-ons that have been used by IE and highlight Microsoft Terminal Services Client Control.

4. Select Enable and click OK to add the RDP Client Control.

5. Fianlly restart your Internet explorer for changes to get effected.