Thread: Bypass firewall utorrent

Bypass firewall utorrent

I am studding in degree college. I want to download some software from college computer lab . But firewall did allow me to open torrent sites . It allows to open all the websites. but i cant use p2p clients like limewire or torrent clients like utorrent . can some one help me ?

Thanks

Re: Bypass firewall utorrent

A firewall is nothing more than a set of rules that determines what is happening on a network and what does not. If the rules are poorly written, or if the firewall software is buggy or little change, it may be possible to go through these rules for access to services normally filtered.

Set a source port for its connections is one of the methods used to pass a firewall. Firewalls mainly check the IP addresses and ports, source and destination of each packet that passes, which allows to write the rules fairly easily. Then distinguishes two categories of firewall.

some applications or some protocols like FTP [fr] are real headaches for filtering packets. FTP indicates that the server sends back data from its port 20 to a port of the client. Thus if an administrator wants to allow people on their network to use FTP clients it is likely to allow any packet whose source port is 20.