Thread: How to remove a power up password

How to remove a power up password

I have a DL320 G5 server and I have set a power-on password. However, i want to remove the power-on password now from my server. How do I remove a password on the power up after one is put in? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: How to remove a power up password

You can try to remove one of the RAM cards it you have two. If you do when you first turn on the computer you should be prompted to press F1, F2, DEL or something of that nature to enter "Setup" CMOS/BIOS In there there is an option to remove the password.

The Set Power-On Password option sets a password that controls access to the server during power-up. If you are talking about the BIOS/CMOS password, either remove the motherboard battery for an hour or so if it is not soldered permanently or find a jumper on the motherboard to reset the password.

The simplest way to remove a BIOS password is to simply remove the CMOS battery. The server cannot be powered up until the correct password is entered. The Set Power-On Password option uses a simple character string with a maximum of seven characters. To disable or clear the password, enter the password followed by a / (slash) when prompted to enter the password.

THIS GUY IS A BEAST...THANKZ BRO, U ANSWERED MY QUESTION...I HAD SET THIS POWER ON PASSWORD THINKING IT WOULD LET ME BYPASS A DIFFERENT PASSWORD....I KNEW THE POWER ON PASSWORD BUT DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO TURN IT OFF...AND MY MAIN MAN SNAKE08 KNEW HOW TO GET IT STRAIGHT