Thread: problem with codwaw ports

problem with codwaw ports

I have a Netgear router and I am having problem with hosting co-op game in Call of Duty 4. There is not a single guide anywhere on any single site for my router. So can anyone tell me how to solve the codwaw ports related problem? Thank you

Re: problem with codwaw ports

1. Go to http://www.routerlogin.net
    2. Type in admin as the username and password as the password
    3. Click on Port forwarding/port triggering
    4. From here setup port forwarding or port triggering as per the guides at portfowarding.com

Or else refer to this pdf: ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/WG...RM_22May07.pdf

If you run a dedicated server, be aware of the ports that are in use

CoD5 v1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 will run with default ports with ETQW server with default ports.

Installed CoD5 v1.4 patch and all of a sudden it would not run. It would log innto the lobby as it should with no problems but at the ned of the server log I was seeing could not retreive session killing server. I shut down all the servers on the box and CoD5 v1.4 came right up just fine and fast. So it had to be another server. What I found is that ETQW sdnet port was NOW conflicting with CoD5 v1.4. Guess what port the sdnet port is for, daemon aka "Session Creation".

I then changed the default sdnet port of ETQW up by 10 and wham both ETQW and CoD5 v1.4 came right up

I do not know what Treyarch did but they did infact change the session port being used. Again CoD5 v1.1 to 1.3 will work just fine with default ports with ETQW at default ports. In CoD5 v1.4 the session creation port was changed and will conflict with ETQW sdnet port if not changed. Since we can not change the CoD5 port I had to change the ETQW sdnet port and once I did that both servers now works perfectly.

This is just for info and if you are getting session creation/retrival errors look at the following port number 3074. If you have another server or process that is using 3074 it could/will conflict with CoD5 v1.4 inref to "Session Creation/retrieval.
    Source: fpsadmin.com

You need to setup the correct port forwarding on your router to accommodate playing Co-Op on your PC and yet also host a test CODWaW server on my linux box. Below is an example shown:

For a local server you need

20800 UDP/TCP
    20810 UDP/TCP

also change my mp test server to 28980 so you have range
    28980-28990 UDP/TCP forwarded to my linux box

28960-28970 is forwarded to your pc to play coop. Both work fine.