Thread: Problem with AT&T Modem and Linksys Router

Problem with AT&T Modem and Linksys Router

Hello,

I have a Linksys WRT54g router with Cable modem AT&T DSL.Now I am having a problem with getting internet connection.I scrutinized the entire setup process with no difficulties but at the end I got the error message that the router was unable to connect to the internet. I'm wondering if my WEP security could be the problem..so can you offer some help in this regard it will be wonderful..

thank you

Re: Problem with AT&T Modem and Linksys Router

Have you tried to Plug the modem Ethernet cable into the WAN port on the router? Go into the router and configure PPoE and put your Username and password. Set up a LAN connection to the router on your computer. Confirm that your firewall is not preventing the router internet connection. it may be a fatal port, If the port is not lighting up

First of all check you have cable connection when you connect the cable modem direct to your computer.if it is fine hook the cable modem back to the router and reset it. Get to the router setup page and alter the domain to attbi.com and confirm in the DNS section is all zero's.After this go to the advance tab and click on the mac address clone tap and put your mac address, then go to the setup tab then the status tab and see if it pulls out a wan ip address. Else do a power cycle and BAM you should get a WAN IP address. Once you get a WAN IP address do a release and renew on winipcfg (if your using 95/98/me) and for XP and 2000 ipconfig /release and /renew. After that you should get internet access. make sure there is no DNS information on your TCP/IP properties If you get a WAN Ip address and you get this AT&T welcome screen..

Attempt to press the reset button on the router to reset it to defaults. power it soff and on w\ the modem.try this method for few times.You can possibly login to the router and see if there is a ''status'' menu. if it give you 0.0.0.0 or 192.168.x.x do a DHCP renew until you get an external ip address.Else you can try also this method disconnect router and plug directly into the DSL modem get into the DSL modem webpage and switch to "always on".Now copy tech info (primary DNS and secondary DNS) and reconnect wireless router, make the connection to Cable Model and input the two DNS addresses