Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to find epson printer ip address

Networking & Security

Old 25-07-2009

How to find epson printer ip address

I have a Epson Stylus Colour 3000 and my Operating System is Windows 2000. I have connected my printer to a HUB with PC connected to it. My question is how can I find epson printer ip address? I tried to connect my printer to the default ip address but no printer was foun on that port. Please help me, thanks in advance.

Old 25-07-2009

Re: How to find epson printer ip address

You simply need to share your printer through the Sharing preferences on the host computer and, if you're using an early version of Windows 2000 or less, install the Epson printer drivers with the included CD. The printer will automatically appear in the Shared Printers area of print dialogs.
Old 25-07-2009

You can find the IP address of the printer (this should be displayed in the router). On one of the PCs from which you're trying to print, navigate to Start > Run (Search in Vista) and type: cmd. At the command prompt, type ping <IP address> and hit enter (e.g. if your printers IP address is 192.168.1.99, you'd type ping 192.168.1.99). The ping should come back and tell you how long it took to reach the printer. If the PC can't reach the printer it will time out. To close the window, type exit.
Old 25-07-2009

You need to assign an IP address to it, that is valid on your network. Is there a manual?

Usually you can set the IP using software from Epson that scans the network for the card and lets you configure it: http://support.epson.com/webadvice/wa0177.html

Otherwise there should be away to do it using the buttons on the printer-- if it is fancy enough to have a display and so on.

The IP address is actually in the printer server card.

The Greatest Sig Ever

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,