Thread: Transfer files with Ethernet Cable

Transfer files with Ethernet Cable

Hi,

I have a desktop and laptop both with XP. Both computers have Windows XP. Is it possible to just use a regular Ethernet cable to connect them and transfer files??? Can I transfer files from one computer to another just using an ethernet cable and what are the steps must I have to take??

Re: Transfer files with Ethernet Cable

If one of the computers has XP, you should be able to use the File Transfer Wizard from the XP machine. Setup a home network and so you can simply use the crossover cable between the two computers. With the crossover cable, just connect the two computers and give 'em two IP's in the same network. Then enable file sharing and it should work. If you don't have, or don't know how to make a crossover cable a router works with a straight through.

Use a crossover cable to transfer files with ethernet cable, I assume there is Ethernet card installed on both computers. If you need to have File and Printer Sharing enabled on both computers and you should set up with an account that has administrator rights and uses the same username and password on both computers. Then Click and drag the files you want to the appropriate drive on your desktop.

Download NetSupport Manager 10.5, it will help you to transfer files with ethernet cable. NetSupport Manager provides a single solution for remote support. Adding to traditional Remote Control capabilities, NetSupport Manager also provides a range of supporting tools to aid in support, including dynamic Hardware and Software Inventory reports, Systems Management tools, full Audio support and even the ability to show an Operator's screen in real-time to any number of connected systems as an integrated training tool. NetSupport Manager includes full support for 32bit and 64bit Vista systems.