Thread: Remove Yapakati.dll

Remove Yapakati.dll

hi
    i found mysterious activity on my pc so i installed antivirus and it detected virus YAPAKATI.DLL in that but it unable to delete it. i can not reformat pc now so please tell me how to remove it also tell me is that highly dangerous ?
    thank you

Re: Remove Yapakati.dll

It is Cloaked Malware see in your control panel > ad remove program > remove any suspicious application also try to remove its registry entry also by clicking on start > run > type regedit . use avast antivirus with updated antivirus definition.

YAPAKATI.DLL Process is encrypted using a software packing process and it resists interrogation by security products so it opuses to antivirus it ceates as application on disk and work as a Dynamic Link Library File and load Program on Boot up also edits registry Key to auto start Programs on system so try this Prevention against spyware and viruses

this is trojan.vundo.This created by unsafe process. YAPAKATI.DLL has an MD5 Hash of : DF0AE803026273BAF89D1EE2A3013D93

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, 84830597=rundll32.exe "[%SYSTEM%]\yapakati.dll",b
    also try this Trojan.Vundo Removal Tool by symantec

Follow these steps to download and run the tool:

1. Download the FixVundo.exe file from: http://www.symantec.com/content/en/u...s/FixVundo.exe
    2. Save the file to a convenient location, such as your Windows desktop.
    3. Optional: To check the authenticity of the digital signature, refer to the "Digital signature" section later in this writeup.

Note: If you are sure that you are downloading this tool from the Security Response Web site, you can skip this step. If you are not sure, or are a network administrator and need to authenticate the files before deployment, follow the steps in the "Digital signature" section before proceeding with step 4.

4. Close all the running programs.
    5. If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, disconnect the computer from the network and the Internet.
    6. If you are running Windows Me or XP, turn off System Restore. For instructions on how to turn off System Restore, read your Windows documentation, or one of the following articles:
    7. Locate the file that you just downloaded.
    8. Double-click the FixVundo.exe file to start the removal tool.
    9. Click Start to begin the process, and then allow the tool to run.

Note: If you have any problems when you run the tool, or it does nor appear to remove the threat, restart the computer in Safe mode and run the tool again.

10. Restart the computer.
    11. Run the removal tool again to ensure that the system is clean.
    12. If you are running Windows Me/XP, then reenable System Restore.
    13. If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, reconnect the computer to the network or to the Internet connection.
    14. Run LiveUpdate to make sure that you are using the most current virus definitions.

click here for details