Thread: Trojan horse generic 12.BLHL

Trojan horse generic 12.BLHL

I have Windows XP on my computer and i had no issues with the computer untill lately. My computer started rejecting to open any web page properly. Only the text part of the web page would appear and everything else remains as it is. The web pages apperas so weird with no formatting, style and seems like i have opened a web page of any noob experimenting guy's personal page. I thought it might be a virus so i installed AVG Antivirus Free Edition. It detects Trojan horse generic 12.BLHL on my computer at several locations. How can i delete these trojan horse virus from my computer? Please help...

Re: Trojan horse generic 12.BLHL

Generally, the antivirus handles all the tasks of deleting the virus by itself. Still you can do this :
    • Run AVG Antivirus
    • Go to scan setting select all locations
    • Run a whole system scan with all thorough settings
    • Start the scan
    Now the moment AVG detects any infection let it handle the infection by itself. It will delete all the virus from your computer on its own...

I did this too. AVG deletes the virus and after i reboot my computer the trojan horse comes back in all the location from where it had been deleted by AVG. Once avg scans and deletes the virus, they will be gone untill my computer is not rebooting. The moment i reboot, the trojan pops up when the computer starts... Any other thoughts? Shall i use some other Avtivirus Program? Please help guys! I cannot surf any website properly...

Well, in this case, the trojan had infected your computer and after that you installed the AV software. Well you can try to follow the method which Fame said, but this time do it in safe mode. If the trojan is kicked permanently, then its great, else you will need to format your computer. Never keep your computer unsecured. Always use an Antivirus Software. This can help you keep your computer safe...