Thread: Speedstream ss2604 wireless router problem

Speedstream ss2604 wireless router problem

Hi,
    I had just got a Speedstream ss2604 wireless router for my office. I had installed the router and created a small office network. My all 6 computers are connected to the router and can use the net. Now many time the net broke downs. Sometime it receives the signal but some time it does not. I had called my ISP but there is no issue by their end. Does the router is not configured properly. What should I do here. And what is the way to share a printer on the wireless network.

Re: Speedstream ss2604 wireless router not working

Instead of setting the entire network again try to update the driver of the router. As there is not configuration issue because you user are receiving the internet bandwidth. Do this right click on my computer and select properties. Then go to hardware and device manager. In the list select you router and see weather it has any mark on it. Just right click on it and select properties. Then choose update drivers. Insert the driver cd of the router and restart your system.

There are two ways by which you can share the printer. First by a usb wi-fi device and by attaching the printer to the server. First properly install the printer to the server machine and take some test pages. Check out that it is working properly. Now click on start and open Printer and faxes from settings. Then right click on your printer and enable sharing. Let the other user search the printer. Once it is configured on the network then there will be no issues in using it.

Configuring wireless printer is a an simple task. Just install the printer on the server machine and then from the network computer go to printer and faxes from the start menu and click on add printer. Then follow the wizard and let it to locate the printer. Once it is found the printer will set as default for you network. The breaking down of the signal can be hardware issue. There are possibilities that the router is not getting enough bandwidth or the there can be a configuration conflict.