Thread: What is My Local IP and how can i find it

What is My Local IP and how can i find it

I am not a advance user of computers and even don't know much about networking. So here i got some confusing query for me. Well, i know about IP address but what is meant by My Local IP ? Is it some way different from the IP address, and how can i find it ? Please let me know the same soon. Help will be appreciated.

Re: What is My Local IP and how can i find it

My local Ip is also know as loopback address and has been defined as a very special IP. It is some way different from the normal IP address but just like any IP address, it has four numeric segments, each separated by a dot.Local IP number would usually look as 192.168.x.x, the X is a number from 0 – 255When your computer sees this address, it know that what it is supposed to do is test its own internal network - not try to find that address on the public Internet.What ever you use for the Private IP is not reflected to the Internet. The Internet traffic comes and goes only by the External IP.

To find out your local IP, just open your command prompt and type ipconfig/all and press Enter. Your Local IP would appear on the screen, in the line IP Address. Sometimes this method don't work properly.It will only return the IP address assigned to your computer by router and not the one your ISP has assigned your ADSL modem.Alternatively you can hit a web server on an external site.Userland knows that it can count on each Radio user being able to gain access to this same local IP on each of their personal computers.So, this is IP as wonderfully appropriate location for managing your local weblog while maintaining the consistency of a browser-based interface and display model.

You can also change your IP address.One of the easier ways to change your IP to your modem / router / computer night off. Then turn it back on the following morning. This method will not work if your ISP is a long lease time for your IP is placed.