Thread: Cisco 800 Series Routers

Cisco 800 Series Routers

I have to buy a cisco router for the company i work for. I have to suggest a good and budget router. I know Cisco 800 Series Routers are quite older now, but still gave it a shot. What do you guys suggest? Please help guys! Thanks in advance

Re: Cisco 800 Series Routers

Cisco 800 Series Integrated Services Routers deliver the following integrated services at broadband speeds to small offices and teleworkers, or to service providers to deploy as part of their managed network services:

• Data
    • Security
    • Wireless
    • Third-generation wireless
    • Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST)

Key Features

Along with easy deployment and centralized management capabilities, these routers offer features such as:

• Built-in security, including content filtering
    • Cisco Configuration Professional for simplified management
    • WAN connection with multiple access options
    • Business Continuity with primary and backup connections on the Cisco 880 router, including 3G and ISDN
    • Four 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet managed switch ports with optional PoE on two switch ports
    • Up to 20 VPN tunnels
    • Integrated access point based on the IEEE 802.11n draft 2.0 standard that uses MIMO (Multi-Input, Multiple-output) to improve coverage for existing 802.11 b/g clients and new 802.11n clients
    • Cisco Unified Wireless Management Solution
    • Business continuity for both data and voice
    • Universal software image eases expansion capabilities with software activation

Why do you need a router? What are your needs? Do you need it to connect to the internet. Like a leased line internet or are you will be using VPN? There are lot of better routers that can be used. Series 800 is ISR routers... Think wisely before you buy one...

I need it for three purposes. For leased line internet which will be coming through leased line coming to the leased line modem and then to router. The topology will be OSPF. Then i need to router and VPN to other branches of the company And for File sharing with the main server of the main branch. Thanks thought...