Thread: Helper.dll, Helper.sig, Buffer overflow need help

Helper.dll, Helper.sig, Buffer overflow need help

Hi,
    I logged on to my home computer to see "helper.dll" and "helper.sig".i was able to connect to internet and successfully completed the Microsoft updates . I ran a complete system scan using McAfee and used the cleanup tool with no results. I also ran Ad-Aware and got cookies same thing happened.I can see the files and can remove them, but I guess there is more to it than just those 2 files.now it is not possible to access internet on my computer. When I open internet explorer, McAfee blocks it with a "buffer overflow" message when i scanned again it brought me no results..i have no idea in this moment what to do..please help me

thanks goes any helps as always....

Re: Helper.dll, Helper.sig, Buffer overflow need help

Get the Windows Search for the file helper.dll.got to Directory Path where file is located and save path to clipboard or write it down. Unregister the Dll File helper.dll .it can accomplish by opening the MS-Dos Prompt. Use the directory found above locate the folder of the file, then type regsvr32 /u [helper.dll] in order to unregister the dll file. Locate and delete helper.dll. confirm helper.dll process is no longer running under the task manager process tab.

May be you can restrict this stuff fro loading during the start up of your computer for this launch the msconfig from run by doing this
    Click start> run> type msconfig and click ok> go to Startup Tab.
    Locate helper.sig and unmark it then click apply to save the changes Do not Reboot at this time and see are you getting those craps !!
    good luck

Get the application FindAWF.exe to your computer. Double-click on the FindAWF.exe file to run it.so that it will open a command prompt and request you to "Press any key to continue. hit any key and the FindAWF tool will start scanning your computer for the infected AWF files and the backups the trojan created.after the scan it will open a text file in notepad called AWF.txt which will automatically be saved to your desktop or whatever location you ran the file from on your next post attach the file here so we can ascertain what's wrong..