Thread: A forge icon in Network Connections

question A forge icon in Network Connections

Hi..!!

I have been going through a problem of having an Internet Connection icon in my network connections.
    The icon sometimes come and go and sometimes remain alive as soon as my internet connection is active.
    The problem is that i think it might be slowing down my internet connection cuz i have compared my downloading speed to that of earlier one i.e., before the appearance of that icon and i also do have a gut feeling that somebody is accessing my internet connection via it.
    I have gone through a scan for viruses many times but my anti-virus didn't detect any.
    If i try to disconnect it by right clicking on that icon.
    First of all it doesn't disconnect easily and if it does it blocks my internet connection. I mean my LAN connection remains active but i get disconnected from the internet gateway or whatever is responsible for the internet connection to run properly. May be it disconnects me from my ISP.
    Please HELP ME.......I don't want to format my computer, i know if i do it will probably solve my problem but i don't want it cuz its a tiresome and time consuming task.
    Mind it that it is not an icon for networked UPnP devices, i have checked it.

Waiting for your reply

Regards
    Ravinder

A forge icon in Network Connections

In this case i would suggest you to have a latest anti virus install on your computer and have a scan for the same. I think this would solve your problem and at the same time make a new dialer for the same if your are going through any dialer or call up your ISP and tell there technicians to have a create a new connection for you and then you will not face any issues.

Re: A forge icon in Network Connections

Please suggest something else because i have scanned my computer with 3 different latest anti-viruses and even checked for spywares.

sad Re: A forge icon in Network Connections

Need help to get rid of that forge icon in my network connections.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ravinder

The forge icon in the network connect appears because it has limited connectivity. Well this is not always true though... If you have kept your computer to obtain IP automatically and there is no dhcp server on the same network, this problem occurs. Just give an IP to your ethernet connection and it will get solved...

Hello Ravinder, can you provide some more detail on that icon? What do you mean by some forge icon and also with it sometime appears while other time disappears? Is it some kind of icon with "Local Area Connection" title or something else? If it is then you can physically see some nic on your computer, otherwise if you bridge 2 connections then also you can see some icon to be appeared on your Network Connections window which simply disappears as soon as the bridging feature is removed.

Thanks guys for replying to my post.
    I have done what Mr.Rudra J advised me to do. Actually i have tried this thing earlier also but it didn't resolve my problem but it gets more worse cuz it disconnets me from the internet. My ADSL modem shows that i am connected but in reality i'm not.
    My page doesn't get loaded.
    The icon disappeared for a few minutes but came again when i did "Obtain an IP address automatically " in TCP/IP properties.
    And it is still active. I am afraid that it is stealing my internet connection's speed.
    While i was writing this post it went again.
    In response to Mr.Kirt's post, i am attaching a screen shot of that icon with this post.
    Kindly have a look on it.

Regards
    Ravinder

Whats the ip of your ADSL Router? Which internet do you use? Do reply, this could help...

My ISP is MTNL and modem is provided by them.
    I don't know its manufacturer, may be D-Link.
    Do you think the problem is due to my modem??