Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Where does Firefox store temporary files?

Networking & Security

Old 20-07-2009

Where does Firefox store temporary files?

Hey

I know to access the "Temporary Internet Files" folder in Internet Explorer.but could not find Where can I find Firefox's equivalent? I've looked all over for it and I can't find it. any one got idea?

advance thanks for the replies

Old 20-07-2009

Re: Where does Firefox store temporary files?

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\z13zwt4j.default\

thats as far as it goes.. and nowhere along that path do I see any temporary internet files.Actually, the files are in their native format. They've just had the file name changed to a random string. That's why you can rename them back so easily.But there's really no need to go into the cache directly. All you have to do is find the file in about:cache, right click on the url it gives, and choose "save to disk", just like any other link. You can also use the Firefox find function on the pages to make it easier to find the links you're after.
Old 20-07-2009

You'll find your Firefox cache should be located in the following location.However, there doesn't seem to be files you can open, a la the Internet Explorer

X:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<* randomtext>.default\Cache
Old 20-07-2009

\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\ApplicationData\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[profilename]\Cache
You can set it up to clear all those files on exit of FireFox . . Just go to "Tools" and down to "Options" then to the "Cache" Tab and at the bottom is a "Settings" button click on it and check what you want to clear when you close the browser and then check the box to tell it to clear on shut down apply this changes

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,