Thread: Domain does not contain any terminal servers

Domain does not contain any terminal servers

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. The problem is that i'm unable to use my Remote Desktop. Whenever i try to use my Remote Desktop it gives our an error message stating that "workgroup does not contain any Terminal Servers" when i try to connect it through my router. Can any body tell me that why does my domain does not contain any terminal servers? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Domain does not contain any terminal servers

For that you need to open up your Remote Desktop Client on your Windows XP machine. For doing so you need to click on Start -> RUN -> mstsc.exe). Then try to enter the IP address, FQDN or NetBIOS name of the Windows XP machine and then need to click onconnect. If you're name resolution is suspect you'll need to use the IP Address on your machine.

Also check out whether there is a firewall on your server, for that you need to open up your port 3389 on your machine. For doing so, you need to have a password in order to login to the Remote Desktop as an Administrator or as a member of the Remote Desktop Users Group.

Try connecting your Windows XP machine through IP address. You can also get the computer name from the "Computer Name" tab in System Properties of the machine you are trying to connect to. Hopeso it might help you to resolve your issue. When you browse for computers by using the Remote Desktop tool or the Terminal Services Client tool, Windows XP-based and Windows Server 2003-based computers with Remote Desktop enabled may not appear in the list of available computers.