Thread: Where can i find my isp User Name and Password

Where can i find my isp User Name and Password

My cousin has bought a new laptop with Vista Operating System. When trying to connect to the internet, Vista asks for ISP details. He don't know the ISp username and password. And so not able to connect to the network. So i was wondering if i could find it on the computer itself. Please help in finding his isp User Name and Password.

Re: Where can i find my isp User Name and Password

If you have saved the password before than you can use a password tool to get the password back, Or you'll need to phone the service provider.In control panel, internet options nettools is good to use for this but there are other PW tools too. Or simply put your email id with the service provider in user name field and you should know what your password for email so put in password.

Open Network and Sharing Center on your Vista and click on Manage network connections. Now go to Local Area Connection, right click on it and select properties. Now select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click on its Properties. Here select Use the following IP address and fill in the details from your ISP. Hope this will work. Let me know the result.

Some of the internet service providers usually indicate it on the billing statement, itemized section for internet services. You can find over there. If it is not mentioned than better Contact your ISP.